Integrity Report 2021
Protecting the GLOBALG.A.P. brand
Identifying contractual issues, nonauthorized certification bodies (CBs), the improper use of logos and branding, and fraudulent certification is essential to the brand integrity of GLOBALG.A.P.
Brand integrity activities
Brand integrity activities protect the GLOBALG.A.P. brand in three vital areas:
- Updating the GLOBALG.A.P. database and IT systems, providing validation of GGNs (GLOBALG.A.P. Numbers) on end products.
- Responding to logo use requests or enquiries from producers, packers, suppliers, and CBs regarding the proper use of GLOBALG.A.P. trademarks.
- Monitoring the correct use of certification claims – for example, in labels present on the market, in press releases, in the media – and following up on incidents.
Issues processed in 2021
The GLOBALG.A.P. database
The GLOBALG.A.P. database is a key tool of the Integrity Program.
- Verify producer identity: The database contains all producers with a GLOBALG.A.P. certificate worldwide and lists the unique 13-digit GGN of each.
- Check certification status: The GGN can be used to search the database for all of the relevant product, certification, and audit/inspection information for a producer. The tool provides instant, complete accessibility for retailers and traders to confirm the registration and status of producers and the validity of their certificates.
- Get real-time updates: To ensure traceability and transparency, any certificate not registered in the publicly available search site is considered immediately invalid.