Integrity Report 2020
Protecting the GLOBALG.A.P. brand
Identifying and stopping improper use of GLOBALG.A.P. branding, as well as any contractual issues, non-authorized certification bodies, and fraudulent certification is essential to the brand integrity of GLOBALG.A.P.
Brand integrity activities
The Brand Integrity Program protects the GLOBALG.A.P. brand in three vital areas.
- Updating the GLOBALG.A.P. database, which provides internal validation (on behalf of GLOBALG.A.P.) of GGNs (GLOBALG.A.P. Number) on end products.
- Responding to logo use requests or notifications from producers, packers, suppliers, and certification bodies regarding the proper use of GLOBALG.A.P. trademarks.
- Monitoring the correct use of certification claims, for example in labels present on the market, in press releases, in information in the media, and following up on incidences.
Issues processed in 2020
The GLOBALG.A.P. database
The GLOBALG.A.P. database is a key tool of the Integrity Program.
- It contains all of the producers with a GLOBALG.A.P. certificate worldwide and lists their unique 13-digit identity number (GGN).
- The GGN can be used to search the database for all of the relevant product and certification information for an individual producer.
- The tool provides instant and complete accessibility for retailers and traders to confirm the registration and status data of producers and the validity of their certificates.
- To ensure complete traceability and transparency, any certificate not registered in the publicly available search site is considered immediately invalid.